German Cucumber Salad (Gurkensalat in German) is a tasty summer treat made with cucumber and dill grown in your very own indoor garden. It’s simple to prepare and perfect for warm summer days and evenings when you’re in need of a cool and refreshing side dish. Bring it to cookouts, potlucks and dinner with friends and family. It’s a terrific complement to fish, chicken and steak. And, when your friends and family are raving about your amazing Gurkensalat, don’t forget to tell them that you used healthy, home-grown cucumber, dill, and parsley courtesy of IGWorks.
German Cucumber Salad is a quick and easy to make side dish made of a few basic ingredients. So don’t be afraid of this simple to prepare recipe, that’s perfect for warm summer months.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Rest and Refrigeration Time: 4 hours
Ready in: 4.5 hrs
- 2 large, or 4 medium cucumbers, sliced thin
- ½ medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 tbsp parsley
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1-2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- black pepper to taste
- Slice your cucumbers and remember, the thinner the better!
- Mix your ingredients together in a large salad bowl.
- Let rest on your kitchen counter for 30 minutes to allow flavors to soak in and spread.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 or more hours to serve chilled.
That’s it! Add other seasonings (like paprika) for your particular taste buds. Then enjoy this super simple, summer dish with friends and family.
Let’s Grow (and cook) Together!