Sometimes lettuce can get a little limp. Even when freshly picked from your indoor hydroponics system, certain types of lettuce can be more limp than others. Usually, this is due to higher temperatures.
Don't worry, just dunk your lettuce in ice water for 2-5 minutes, and it will crisp right up. And, if you'd like to keep it crispy in the fridge, just use a ziploc bag to keep it fresh and crispy.
And yes, this simple trick can be used to refresh store bought lettuce as well. Rejuvenate your limp lettuce with a brief ice water bath, instead of running to the store to buy more.
There's more great growing information in the links below:
- 5 SMART TIPS FOR GROWING HYDROPONIC VEGGIES INDOORS
- ADDING NUTRIENTS AND ADJUSTING PH IN YOUR HYDROPONIC GARDEN
- HOW TO POLLINATE YOUR INDOOR FRUIT AND VEGETABLE PLANTS
- NUTRIENT AND PH CHART FOR GROWING FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH HYDROPONICS
- PROPAGATING PLANTS FROM CUTTINGS
- SMALL PLANTS THAT YIELD BIG INDOOR HARVESTS
- PRUNING, TRIMMING AND TOPPING YOUR INDOOR GARDEN PLANTS
- THE SCIENCE OF INDOOR GROW LIGHTS FOR YOUR INDOOR GARDEN
- GROWING PLANTS FROM SEEDS
Let’s Grow Together!