Look at you getting all classy with your indoor garden harvest! You’ve grown cucumbers and herbs, so now it’s time to show everyone how sophisticated and refined you are. I just hope you’re serving your cucumber tea sandwiches with the homemade herbal tea you harvested.
Break out the fine China and dress to impress…in just 15 minutes, you’ll be hosting a tea party with your favorite people!
Prep Time: approx. 8 Minutes. Ready in: 15 Minutes
Makes 4 cute sandwiches.
- 1 large cucumber
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. salt
- Chopped fresh dill
- 8 slices of sandwich bread
- Mix things up by adding any of the following:
- ½ tsp. lemon zest or a gentle squeeze of lemon juice
- Chopped chives
- Chopped basil
- Chopped mint
- Sliced radish
- sliced tomato
Nobody wants a soggy cucumber sandwich. After slicing your cucumbers, you can either:
- Pat them down with a towel and place them in colander for 15 minutes
- Lightly salt your cucumber slices, and toss them in a bowl to make sure they are evenly coated. Then place them evenly on a napkin or kitchen towel and roll them up to release excess moisture. You’ll remove them from your towel after making your mayo and cream cheese spread.
Combine your mayo and cream cheese in a bowl and stir thoroughly. Now add your fresh dill as well as any other herbs or seasonings you desire, and stir thoroughly once more.
Spread your cream cheese mixture on each side of your 8 slices of bread, and place your cucumbers on 4 of the slices. Place your other 4 slices of bread on top, and there you go!
Cut off the crust, and slice into finger sandwiches or triangles. Serve immediately to prevent sogginess. Enjoy this easy to make, fun snack with great conversation and your favorite people.
Let’s Grow Together!