Occasionally an iHarvest user will experience an electrical outage, and become concerned with how long their plants can survive without water being delivered from the pump. I’m happy to report that hydroponic plants are quite resilient. While in the iHarvest, your plants should survive for up to 12 hours without water. And, by using a bucket or bottle to provide them with water every 1-2 hours while you’re home, they can live much longer than that even if you have to go to sleep or work for 8 hours. You can provide them tap water or water with nutrients…it doesn’t matter too much as long as they are able to hydrate.
Without water for 8-12 hours, your plants may look as though they are unrecoverable. They will have lost most of their water reserve and look extremely droopy. But fear not, as soon as the pump comes back on, they are likely to be back to normal in just a couple of hours!
There's more great growing information in the links below:
- HOW TO START GROWING WITH YOUR IHARVEST
- 5 SMART TIPS FOR GROWING HYDROPONIC VEGGIES INDOORS
- ADDING NUTRIENTS AND ADJUSTING PH IN YOUR HYDROPONIC GARDEN
- HOW TO POLLINATE YOUR INDOOR FRUIT AND VEGETABLE PLANTS
- TIPS FOR IDENTIFYING AND REMOVING BUGS FROM YOUR INDOOR GARDEN
- NUTRIENT AND PH CHART FOR GROWING FRUITS AND VEGETABLES WITH HYDROPONICS
- PROPAGATING PLANTS FROM CUTTINGS
- SMALL PLANTS THAT YIELD BIG INDOOR HARVESTS
- PRUNING, TRIMMING AND TOPPING YOUR INDOOR GARDEN PLANTS
- THE SCIENCE OF INDOOR GROW LIGHTS FOR YOUR INDOOR GARDEN
- GROWING PLANTS FROM SEEDS
- WHITE FUZZ ON MY GROWING MEDIA
- WHITE FUZZ ON MY PLANTS